Who does not love saving a few bucks, no matter what the deal is? Almost everybody looks around for money-saving ways whenever some major life decision is being considered – that could be a family function, a business set-up, or the most serious of all – household shifting!
Nobody can deny the fact that relocations are an expensive life event, and this makes people look around for worthwhile moving tips and tricks that neither hampers the quality of their move, but does take care of their pocket permit. But, when you have Agarwal Packers with you, attaining a smooth relocation experience is very much possible.
In addition to that, if you look over some of the ideas we are sharing below, you can have a pretty much, well-organized and budgeted moving experience. So, take out your notepad and write down whichever idea clicks you!
• Do extensive research and comparison of moving deals: If you are not booking the right team of movers for your home-shifting project, then there is no point in further building up the article. We are discussing the best ways of how you can save money on your move and the first step in that direction is by finding a smart moving option that not only fits well into your moving budget but equally takes care of your goods and possessions in the transit. So, collect accurate moving quotations, review the terms and conditions before you accept the moving deal.
• Lessen your load, move only what is required – You might run out of time if you delayed planning for your move, but you must designate some time for the pre-move sorting and de-cluttering tasks so you can travel lighter and without worrying about your finances. If you have not yet segregated your goods and are packing and shifting every single item from your household, you will be paying unnecessarily for not just the packing costs, handling costs, and transportation costs, but also for their insurance. So, make sure you know what you have a detailed inventory of your belongings.
• Schedule your move sensibly, early on – People often do not realize but the time and size of your move determine most of your moving cost. If you are shifting homes during the summer season, you will be paying way more than you are expecting. Summertime is the peak season for relocations and one has to struggle a lot, first to find a slot with an ideal team of movers like Agarwal Packers and Movers, and secondly to, find a deal that is within the moving budget. To ensure you lay your hands on a pocket-friendly moving plan, you have to start your deal-hunt in advance so you can compare and gauge as many deals as possible.
• Do the needful preparations – Another great way to save money on your move is by doing a few arrangements regarding the packing materials and essential moving tools and equipment, early on. What you should ascertain is purchase moving supplies from local shops – grocery stores and stationery, etc. That way, you can get them at a fair price and even in bulk! Make sure you have all the primary packing materials before you commence packing including double-walled moving cartons, cardboard boxes in distinct sizes, packing paper, plastic stretch wraps, foam peanuts, bubble wraps, heavy-duty tape dispensers, safety scissors, etc.
• Do not miss out on a budget – If you do not want to lose track of your finances, you have to curate a comprehensive, all-inclusive moving budget that not only incorporates all the possible costs you will be paying for the move but also the amount of money you have kept as security. When you are moving long-distance, you have to pay more owing to the distance, but fair budgeting of the possible expenses early on can give you an idea of how and where you can save money so it remains easier on your pocket.
• Pack whatever you can, by yourself – You can save a significant amount of money if you curtail a bit of your moving budget and pay the professional movers only for the section of their packing they do for you – for packing only the complicated and specialty items and not hire them for packing the entire household articles. This is a great way to keep your already expensive, long-distance move within budget. Moreover, you will anyhow be paying for the miscellaneous expenses, abrupt costs, handling fees, insurance claims, etc. even if you are not hiring them for door-to-door relocations solutions.
Note: Be careful when you are dealing with the high-value articles in your place – the antiques, artwork, and household accessories in particular. These are delicate items and also have good monetary value, so you should pay attention to them while you are handling them. Mishandling could break them and even you can get injured. So, be very cautious and make use of the ideal packing methodology and tools to pack and secure them ideally for the move.
• Ensure you booked the right deal – By the term right, we do not mean only ‘a budgeted deal’ but much more than that. Most of the time, customers fall prey to moving scams where they end up spending loads of money on fraudulent deals and unauthorized policies. There are several illegal companies with well set-up websites, but their process of handling clients and extorting huge money by promising them false claims. These companies quote you an inflated rate that comprises hidden fees and other upfront costs you were not aware of or either not intimated about initially. So, it is very important to be careful when you are browsing deals for your long-distance move.
• Sideline open trucks, choose moving container – A moving container is one of the most preferred moving options in the business today. It not only assures you extensive protection for your goods but even saves you a lot of money as you pay only for the space occupied by your belongings. Plus, you can store your goods within those units/cubes/containers for an additional 24 hours, or as devised by the moving professionals from where you booked the cube.
We hope the money-saving tips we shared in this article would be worthwhile for you! Make sure you book the experts from Agarwal Movers and Packers on time to experience a happy and stress-free moving journey.