No-one was actually prepared for COVID 19 surprise and it hit the world so hard that even after six months each and every industry is on halt. People are behind their doors and losing their jobs. During this pandemic situation, one thing that seeks attention is that the world needs more delivery systems or services and especially for groceries and other essential items.
Launching an Online Grocery platform with a simple idea and affordable app like InstaCart is not that hard, and whether you are a startup, entrepreneur, or a big business house by managing it well you can generate huge revenue through it. Let’s explore it more, and what would be a better start than finding it’s needed in the current situation.
What is the need for an Online Grocery Delivery App Platform?
An Grocery Delivery App platform by following all the safety measurements can help people and the complete world in many ways and some of them are listed below.
- It can help to contain the spread of COVID 19 pandemic because with this platform people can order items they need and they will also avoid going markets and shopping malls.
- It will avoid the risk of mass gathering in markets, Shopping malls, and grocery stores.
- It will provide more options and products compared to a local store. When people will have more options in an app then they will avoid going outside.
- With online grocery delivery, people will get all the items at their doorsteps, they don’t have to wander here and there in search of different type of products.
- With scheduled options and subscription plans, they don’t have to order the same item from time to time, they just have to choose the scheduled delivery options and products will be delivered as per schedule.
- Now, people don’t have to worry about groceries that might go out of stock.
- People will get offers and deals on the products. There is also chances that they will get products at lower cost compared to the local store.
3 factors that need to be considered prior to start the work
Before starting the work and even before the development of the app and platform, you need to know and pay special attention to these three factors:
In this pandemic situation, you as a business owner have to make sure that you create a safe environment for all your staff, products, and customers. Keep your staff aware and organize some sort of training program that will help your staff to handle all types of situations and activities, from wearing a mask to deliver the product to the customer without any risk. You can provide them with a detailed explanation about wearing masks, sanitizing the hands regularly, avoiding any form of contact, and other necessary safety measures. You can also keep them aware of the surfaces that are the major carriers of viruses.
Managing the Inventory needs to be taken care of very carefully, Stock management, Prices, and details need to be up-to-date. Additionally, the detail of the product and delivery option needs to be clearly visible to customers. To manage all you also have to coordinate with the store owners on a regular basis. To predict the demand you can utilize online tools and Softwares which can integrate with your platform very easily.
Find and promote ways for No-contact delivery, it is an important factor that needs to be taken care of. The contact-less delivery methods will ensure customers that the products are safe and clean and that they will not get the infection by touching it. This factor will also keep the delivery guy safe too. Additionally, make sure to check the temperature of staff at a regular interval so that the complete group can work without any headache.
What are the must-have features of the Instacart clone app?
The main features that need to be available in each of the panels of Online Best Grocery Delivery App platform are listed below:
- Registration options
- Search Option
- Safe and Secure Payment Options
- Scheduled grocery delivery
- Filter and Reorder options
- GPS Location tracking
- Ratings and reviews features
- Customer support options
Delivery executive panel
- Registration options
- Document upload and verification
- Availability slide bar
- Option to Accept/reject user requests
- Access to live location and contact details
- Optimized navigation
- Earning and delivery history
- Delivery status and confirmation option
Store owner app
- Profile creation and verification
- List products
- Update product details
- Takeaway option
- Profile setup
- Update offers
- Technical support 24×7
- Location tracking
- Order history
- Options to control and manage every single thing
- Verification options
- Inventory management
- Commission cut-down
- Adding bank accounts
- Create offers and rewards
- Manage user data
- Access to ratings and suggestions
- Approve delivery executives
- Return/ replacement options
Here we talked about the Instacast clone app, and its features, we also talked about How an online grocery platform can help everyone in the fight against COVID 19 Pandemic. However, there are more things that can be included and done by the platform and it will also provide an opportunity for the business owner to generate revenue. With all the benefits these types of platforms are going to change the way of shopping and delivery in the recent future.
If you are looking for a reliable company that can build the complete Grocery delivery platform then contact SAG IPL – Mobile App Development Company India , it is a reputed App and web development company with years of experience, great team, all the resources and everything under a budget. Call SAG IPL now and experience world-class services.