Since the implementation of the classifieds app, used goods are no Online Classified considered e-waste. Buying and selling use items has been around for a long time.
However, the audience was only reached in a limit way because disseminating information or advertisements was difficult. Then people began to place their advertisements in newspapers, which had some audience reach. Everything is made easier and possible with the help of emerging technologies and smartphones.
People all over the world can now easily sell their no longer needed used goods, while those who can’t afford to buy new products can now get a chance to buy their desired product at a reduced price. As a result, a classified app can reach a wider audience than an e-commerce app.
There are new ways to start a business online as a result of the advancement of digital technology. Letgo is one such platform. It’s a product-selling C2C marketplace. Alec Oxenford, the former CEO of OLX, launched the Letgo app in January 2015. Before you start developing an app like Letgo, you should first understand how it works:
What is the best way to use the Letgo app?
It is one of the most popular marketplaces for people to buy products from trustworthy sellers. Developers can easily understand the app’s key attributes and build a Letgo clone app after understanding the app’s workflow.
The Letgo app allows users to buy a variety of items such as shoes, cars, sporting goods, gardening tools, and more. Users must log in via email, Facebook, or Google Plus to post the ad. The app directly imports information such as your name, profile picture, and other details to increase your trustworthiness to potential buyers.
Users can upload up to five images per ad, along with a description for each image. Buyers can communicate with users and reach an agreement. Letgo is distinct from other online C2C marketplace apps in that it allows users to sell only through direct communication. As a result, the goods cannot be shipped. Sellers can send their goods by courier, but the app does not allow for this. It encourages people to buy and sell in their own neighborhood. One of the key features that attracts more customers to apps like Letgo is the ability to view products before purchasing them.
What is Letgo and how does it work?
Letgo is a C2C (consumer-to-consumer) online classified marketplace that acts as a middleman between sellers and buyers. Alec Oxenford, the former CEO of Olx, one of the pioneers in the online classifieds business, founded it in January 2015. Letgo, an online classifieds app, was created to sell used smartphones, but it was later expand to buy and sell a variety of products.
- If you’re a budding entrepreneur interested in breaking into the online classified market, you should first learn how the app works.
- Sellers post product photographs and videos and wait for buyers to contact them. They can also include a brief description of the product to help users understand it better.
- Buyers search through a plethora of products embedded in the app and choose the best product in the closest location.
- Users can contact sellers directly via the app for more information and price negotiation after making a successful selection.
- If both parties accept the final offer, the deal is seal, and they can choose a nearby location to exchange the product for the agreed-upon price.
The app provides multiple payment options for buyers to pay the seller.
Let’s take a look at some of the notable features of the Letgo clone app.
The admin panel and features of the clone app differ from seller app to buyer app. Each app has its own set of features that are design to improve the overall user experience.
Features of the Seller App
- Sellers can create their own profile page to promote their goods or services online.
- The seller can post a product catalog, to which products can be added or removed at any time.
- Sellers can easily track the status of their products and services on the platform after they have been successfully posted.
- Users can use an interactive dashboard to learn about market trends and track the performance of their products. The sellers will be able to learn more about the market as a result of this.
Features of the Buyer App
- Buyers and users can access the platform in a variety of ways. Can also sign up with their social media credentials, allowing them to share the app’s products with others through social media platforms.
- Users can quickly find and purchase their desired products thanks to an advanced search bar.
- Alert to any activity on the app, as well as discounts, offers, and other promotional notifications. Users can also set up a product availability alert for a specific product.
The Letgo Revenue Model
Letgo didn’t charge for its service at first, so there was no revenue. All of it was part of the game. This strategy resulted in a sharp increase in the number of users. Letgo gradually turned the app into a monetizing tool as it grew in popularity. It now has over 75 million downloads and has generated over $100 million in revenue. Let’s look at a few ways to make money with your Letgo clone app.
- A commission-based model is a straightforward way to make money. The app can generate a steady income by charging sellers a small fee to use the platform to sell their goods.
- Sellers can use promotional campaigns to promote their goods and services in a promotion-based model. This has the effect of quickly capturing the attention of the users.
- Premium members have access to a number of the app’s more advanced features, as well as other benefits.
Using the app’s banner space to display third-party advertisements is a simple way for the app to earn a consistent income.
To sum it up,
As a result, you should have a good understanding of the Letgo app. Get start on your Letgo clone app development and claim your piece of the online classifieds market. A white-labeled Letgo clone app will enable you to quickly launch your dream app on both the Play Store and the App Store. Visit a Letgo clone app development company and get start right away with your custom-made app.