iPhones are comparatively slimmer devices than smartphones that are available in the market. Thus, users have high chances of dropping this device on the floor and breaking its display. Imagine a situation when you haven’t set a password for your iPhone and the screen is broken. Sometimes, the phone gets automatically locked when it hits the floor hard. Now, what needs to be done to access the files and folders stored on your iPhone. One of the easiest ways is to back up your iPhone and retrieve the data available therein. So, let us focus on how to back up the iPhone without a passcode and broken screen.
The Process to Backup a Broken iPhone without a Passcode:
We have explained the process with respect to two situations:
Situation 1: If You Have Trusted a Computer before
If you have trusted a computer before your iPhone screen was broken, then recover data as discussed below:
- First, connect your iPhone to that particular computer and turn on both the devices.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and click on the ‘Device’ icon that appears on the screen.
- If the computer has recognized your iPhone, then it will be visible under the Device section.
- So, click ‘Summary’ in the left panel and move to the ‘Automatically Back up’ option.’
- Then, select ‘This computer’ and select the ‘Encrypt local backup’ checkbox.
- Now, create a password to protect backup on your computer.
- Click the ‘Back up Now’ button to store these backups locally on your PC.
If a data recovery software is previously installed on your computer, then use it to recover your data by the following steps. Moreover, it is an easier way to retrieve inaccessible data. Even if your computer lacks such software, then search for an authentic one and install it immediately.
- Run the software on your computer and then connect your iPhone to it.
- Wait until the computer and utility identify your iOS device.
- You can also skip the above step by selecting the required option at the end of the window.
- Preview if your computer has a previous iPhone backup or not.
- If you find a backup, then open it and extract the files stored therein.
- However, if your computer does not have a previous backup, then you will need to select the important files and documents available on your iPhone.
- Then, click on the ‘Backup Now’ option to start the backup and save the selected files in that.
- After completing the process, ensure that you have created the backup successfully.
- Next, preview and retrieve photos, contacts, text messages, videos, or anything else you would wish to get back.
- Finally, tap the ‘Recover’ button to get the data that you have saved on your computer in the previous step.
Situation 2: If You Have Never Trusted a Computer before
If you haven’t selected the ‘Trust this computer’ option before your iPhone came up with a broken screen, then this solution will be helpful for you. It might be difficult to imagine a situation when you will enter the password or trust a computer on your broken or locked iPhone. But, that doesn’t mean it is impossible to do so. Therefore, check the steps to access your iPhone with a broken screen and create a backup.
- Press the Power button of your iPhone that has recently discovered a broken screen.
- Then, check whether the display lits up or not.
- If the display allows you to unlock your iPhone, then use the Bluetooth keyboard that has already been paired with your device.
- Then, type the password and you will be prompted to trust this computer’.
- So, tap the ‘Trust’ button and select the ‘Backup’ option to retrieve your important data.
- If you notice that a small area of your iPhone screen is working, then hold down the Home key to activate Siri.
- Turn on the VoiceOver as prompted and swipe right or left your iPhone screen.
- As the ‘Slide to unlock’ option appears, double on tap it and enter the password set for your iPhone.
- You would have to double-tap each number for entering the passcode.
- In case you find the ‘Trust’ police, then press it to Trust the computer where you want to backup your iPhone data.
- In the end, save the backup and recover all data from the backup folder.
Note: This solution completely depends upon the extent of damage to your iPhone. In case your phone displays a totally black screen, then you would have to repair that first and then follow the above steps. Since, our topic of discussion is how to backup an iPhone without a passcode, skip those steps which are discussed for how to enter a password.
Backup Your iPhone Using iCloud:
This method will teach how to create an iCloud backup for your iPhone data. It has been proved to be a useful method when the iPhone screen is cracked and gets out of order. Hence, you have to arrange for two things an external keyboard and a lightning connector cable to carry out this method. Make sure that the keyboard has the lightning connector feature so that you can view and use the broken screen. You can easily purchase such a keyboard from an online shopping site. So, let’s begin.
- Use the lightning cable for connecting the external keyboard to the charging port of your iPhone.
- Press the Home button and you will be prompted to enter the password. Skip this step if your device does not have a passcode before its screen is broken.
- Perhaps your iPhone has a passcode but the Home button is unresponsive. Then, you will need to enter the passcode from the connected keyboard only.
- Open the Settings app by using arrow keys on the external keyboard.
- Use the arrow keys again to locate your Apple ID name on the Settings menu and press the ‘Control, Option, and Space’ keys together.
- Move to the top of your Apple ID menu and select iCloud option.
- There will be Find My iPhone and iCloud Drive towards the middle of the Apple menu.
- So, select the ‘iCloud Backup’ option and turn on the toggle switch for it.
- You can even press ‘Control, Option, and Space’ keys simultaneously on the external keyboard to enable iCloud backup.
- After that, locate the ‘Backup Now’ button at the end of the screen and select it.
- If any confirmation dialog box pops up on your iPhone display, then tap ‘OK’ by using the lightning keyboard.
- Wait until a full backup of your iPhone is saved to your iCloud account.
- Afterward, you can log in to your iCloud account and retrieve the required files from your iCloud backup.
Read Also: Cloud backup Solution
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to Enter Password on a Cracked iPhone?
Launch iTunes on your computer and then connect your iPhone to it. Ensure that your iPhone is turned off at the time of connecting to your computer. Then, hold down the Home button to turn on your iPhone. Release the button as the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen. In the meantime, your iPhone enters the Recovery Mode that is useful for solving many problems. Select the ‘Restore in iTunes’ option to restore the iPhone to factory defaults as a new device.
2. How to Unlock iPhone that Has Never Been Synced to Your iTunes Account?
Activate Siri by holding down the Home button of your iPhone. Now, double-tap on the Home button to bring up the passcode screen. Swipe left or right of your iPhone screen to move the VoiceOver cursor and select different passcode number buttons. You have to double-tap a particular passcode number in order to select it. Tap on the ‘Trust’ button to trust the computer connected to your iPhone. Then, start creating the backup and in your iTunes. Once you are done, go to Settings and tap the ‘General’ tab. Choose the ‘Accessibility’ option and turn off the VoiceOver manually.