QuickBooks is a wonderful accounting software solution, which evens out all bookkeeping and accounting tasks perfectly with its unique attributes specifically developed for small-and-medium-sized business houses. But like any other application while being a software mechanism, there can be instances of errors & issues in QuickBooks frequently. Today’s article is about one such issue called QuickBooks Error H202. Let’s study more about its major reasons and how we can fix this error code.
What Is QB Error H202?
This error generally crops-up when switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode. This error implies that the multi-user connection to the server is hindered. An error message appears on screen is:
Prominent Causes Of QB Error Code H202
- Faulty hosting configuration settings.
- When the server computer firewall is impeding incoming and outgoing connections.
- Damaged .nd (network data) file.
- When QB is unable to receive the IP address of the host system or server hosting the company file.
- If in-case DNS settings are not re-set perfectly, this error triggers.
- When these QB services are not running – QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX.
- Also when there is a problem with QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Effective Resolving Steps On QB Error H202
Let’s have a quick glimpse on a few measures through which we can resolve the QB error code H202 as mentioned here:
Method 1 – Ping Your server
- In the beginning, access the Run window in a workstation in which you are receiving the QB error H202.
- After that, put CMD in the text field and then tap on the OK button.
- Then while being on your workstation, you have to ping your server.
- Later, you need to type ping_servername and then tap on the Enter button.
- Now execute aforementioned steps for all workstations you are receiving the error code.
- If you receive a slow reply or if a loss of a packet is determined, it asserts that there is some issue with the network and a fixing of the error is required.
- Then just navigate to the next method mentioned below.
Method 2:– Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QB File Doctor is a robust and an efficient tool that can recognize and fix different types of QB errors that also includes QB Error code H202. For working on this tool, firstly just download it from the official website of Intuit Inc. and then run it.
Method – 3: Try Network Connectivity Testing and Calibration Process
- Firstly, access QuickBooks on all the PCs networked for working on QuickBooks.
- Then, just click on the File menu and then choose Utilities option and turn off hosting.
- Now, press windows key and then type this “This PC” on the QuickBooks Host Computer.
- While being on the left windowpane, just double-click the Network option to validate that all the networked are visible.
- Then, ping all the workstations respectively from the QuickBooks Host / Server computer.
- Now, just start to ping the QuickBooks Server / Host from the computer displaying QB Error Code H202.
- Now, the command for the ping test has to be completed on Command Prompt.
- Finally, ping command syntax: ping [Computer Name] and then just press Enter option.
Method 4: Alter Your Company File Location
- At first, just create a New Folder to keep your company file in, possibly Drive C: on your PC.
- Then, just choose the company file and the respective.TLG file from the older company file folder and then Press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Now navigate to the New Company file folder and then press Ctrl + V to copy the company file.
- Now, attempt to access the file in multi-user mode.
Method 5: Reset QB Database Server Manager
- Firstly, punch Windows+R keys from your keyboard and then type msc and choose Services Icon.
- Now scroll through the List of services and then choose QuickBooksDBxx.
- After doing that, just Double-Click the QuickBooksDBxx services and then click the Stop button to disable the service.
- Now, choose the service start option as Automatic from the drop-down menu followed by the Start button.
- Lastly, access QuickBooks and then try to access the file again.
Conceivably with these measures mentioned above, you must have rectified QuickBooks Error H202. If still needing further help on this, you can contact our QB experts by dialing +1-855-533-6333 and fix your concerns with 24*7 hours of constant availability. So call now!!