There is no doubt QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software enabled with remarkable features and tools. It assists users in various accounting tasks like tracking inventory, managing payroll, tracking cash flow, creating invoices, and several other financial activities. Quickbooks is one of the best choices among business owners due to its capability to handle all accounting and bookkeeping related task. However, like any other software, it is also prone to technical glitches. Therefore while working with QuickBooks users come across errors and issues due to technical fault quite often.
Now in this very article, we will provide all essential details of QuickBooks error code 6000 77 which users encounter while accessing the company file, and solutions to fix the error as well. You can also call us at +1-855-533-6333 to resolve the error through professional help if you want to save up your precious time and efforts as well or else you can go through this article to know the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error on your own.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
Many software users reported that while opening the company file they come across o QuickBooks error 6000 77. Besides, there are not any precise causes reported by them, indeed this error code lead by several causes at once or separately as well!! It occurs due to some issues in the file folder in which the file resides.
What trigger the QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
The following are the causes that lead to the occurrence of the error code.
- Company file situated to any external storage device.
- Quickbooks is running in multi-user mode inappropriately.
- Company file saved in incorrect folder permission.
- Quickbooks isn’t running with admin.
- Corrupted or damaged .ND and .TLG files
What are the symptoms of the QB Error 6000,77?
Like any other error code it eats up your efficiency, and you will witness the following symptoms
- Running program crashes
- Message pop on system screen with error code
- System becomes sluggish
- Windows starts to respond slowly to every command.
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
Now you get an idea about the error, so let’s move to the methods to resolve the error efficiently.
Method 1: Utilize the QuickBooks file doctor
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now open the downloaded file named QBFD.exe and select the install option.
- Follow instructions that appear on the screen to proceed further.
- Once it downloaded then launch it and from the list click on scan.
- Again follow on-screen instruction to initiate the scanning.
- At last, select the fix option after scanning to resolve the error.
Method 2: Configure the firewall settings
- Go to the start button and open the control panel.
- Now in it tap on system and security and then on windows defender firewall.
- Thereafter select the advanced setting option from the left.
- Now under the action pane click on the inbound rule choose new rules.
- After that click on port and then next.
- Feed the specified port, also ensure that TCP is selected.
- Lastly, finish this with appropriate on-screen options.
Method 3: Make a new folder for the company file
- Create a new folder in your local drive.
- Then go to my computer and locate your company file.
- After that copy it by right click.
- Thereafter paste it into the newly created folder.
- Now open QuickBooks desktop and restore the company file from new locations.
Method 4: Rename the damaged file i.e. .ND and .TLG
- Go to the file location C;\Users\public\documents\intuit\quickbooks\company file.
- Now locate the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Right-click on them and select the rename option.
- Now add the .OLD extension at the end of each file name.
- At last, hit the ok button to confirm.
Method 5: Switch to unc path from mapped drive
- First of all launch QuickBooks and then press & hold the Ctrl key
- Then from the prompt choose the option ‘Run as administrator’
- Now you need to hold the same key from the keyboard till you get the ‘no company open’ window.
- After that from the file menu click on ‘open & restore company file’
- Then choose ‘open a company file’ and click on the ‘next’ button.
- Now from the left panel choose ‘network setting’ and navigate to your company file.
- Once you locate the company file click to open the file.
We hope this article turns out to be helpful for you to resolve the error 6000 77. If you seek instant support and want to save your important time then feel free to connect with our QuickBooks experts who have years of experience and knowledge. They will provide you the precise solution for your problem. Dial +1-855-533-6333 now to access the QuickBooks support service. You can reach us anytime even you find difficulty while performing troubleshooting steps.