Linksys extender extends the existing wifi signals and increases the coverage area in the premises. After the Linksys Extender Setup, a user can connect to the extender wifi to access the internet. But if the connected device keeps losing the connection or the extender losing the connection with the router then it affects the wifi experience. Let’s cover some common reasons behind this problem and how those can be handled.
Linksys Extender RE6700 Losing Connection?
- The very 1st and common reason is the distance from the router. The extender is supposed to extend the wifi signals of the router to the further area and for that the extender gets paired up with the router. It’s important that the extender should remain in proper coverage of the router. If the extender is receiving poor signals from the router then it may cause this problem.
- To ensure the proper coverage of the router’s wifi to the extender, the light on the extender should be solid green. In the case of solid or blinking amber, the extender needs to move near to the router.
- Any changes in settings on the router end may also cause the problem. The extender saves the initial settings of the router while setting it up. Later on, if any changes have been made on the router then the extender remains unaware of them and communication issues arise between router and extender. If any settings have been changed, the extender needs to be configured again with the router.
- The extender should be plugged into the proper outlet, avoid using the extensions or any surge protector they may block the required voltage to operate. Always plug the extender into the normal power outlet.
- Old firmware of the extender may cause this problem as well. Linksys keeps releasing updates for the firmware on regular basis to keep the devices up to date. if the extender is working on an old firmware then update it.
- Ensures the active internet on the router. As the extender only extends the internet available on the router so the internet should always be active on the router. In case of an outage or problem from the ISP end, the extender will not provide internet access. Till the router has working internet, the extender will work.
- Linksys extender setup can also resolve this problem. Setup the Linksys extender again to get rid of this issue. Open the setup website extender.linksys.com to setup the extender again with the router. Ensure filling all details correctly while Linksys extender setup.
How to update Firmware of Linksys Extender?
- One solution to this problem is to keep the extender to its latest firmware. To do so open the extender page or extender login page. Enter the username and password to access the extender page.
- Once the extender page is logged in look for the firmware option at the left side of the screen. Check for the latest version of the firmware and download and install it. The extender will reboot after installation and now work on the latest firmware.
Hope this helped in resolving the connection issues with the Linksys Extender. If the connected device is also losing the connection with the extender try these hacks:
- Move the device near the extender.
- Power cycle the extender and device and connect them again.
- Turn off the device’s wifi and turn it back on and connect to the extender.
This was a brief article about the extender losing connection, these remedies should help to solve this problem. If you are still stuck somewhere, don’t hesitate to call our experts for efficient solutions.
How to install Linksys Re6700 Setup wireless router? Here’s the right and exact answer to this question. Follow the below-stated instructions for Linksys Re 6700 Wireless router setup: First of all, plug in your Linksys Wireless router into a powered Ethernet port on your laptop. If you are using a Linksys Extender, simply plug the wireless modem into an electrical power port on the back of the modem.
Linksys Re6700 – Setting up Wireless Internet Connection Easily
How to install Linksys Re6700 wireless router? Here’s the right and exact answer to this question. Follow the below-stated instructions for Linksys Re 6700 Wireless router setup: First of all, plug in your Linksys Wireless router into a powered Ethernet port on your laptop. If you are using a Linksys Extender, simply plug the wireless modem into an electrical power port on the back of the modem.
Next, connect your Linksys to 6700 ac 1200 to a wireless network. On the wireless network, run any of your favorite web browsers. In order to successfully setup your house wifi router, you have to make sure that it connects to the internet connection. If your laptop or house does not yet have a reliable and stable internet connection, you might experience intermittent or no connection.
In order to successfully set up your Linksys re6700 wireless router, you need to configure and change certain options in the system settings. First of all, change the SSID of your Linksys to 6700 wireless modems. It is usually set to automatic. In addition, you need to change the wireless network’s name, frequency and channel.
Also change the SSID of your Linksys to 6700 wireless routers. You can do this by going to the device manager. Then click on the link next to the battery in the left panel. On the next screen, click Wireless. Once done, go to the option you are using, and click the radio button. Now you have to click enter to enter your settings for setting up your Linksys to 6700 wifi extenders.
Moreover, you have to enter the frequency you want to use for your Linksys to 6700 wifi extenders. The SSID and the frequency you have to enter depend on the device driver that you are using for your Linksys routers. To determine the device driver, you have to open the device manager by clicking on its icon.